Home Security Camera
One of the most excellent tools in home security is the smart home cameras. These cameras integrate Wi-Fi connections that enable them to be viewed and monitored remotely using a smartphone app. When you choose the best home security system with cameras on the market, you get peace of mind knowing that your family and properties are safe.
Today, we have so many options in the market. Picking any smart home camera depends on whether you want an indoor or outdoor camera. However, you need to look out for other features to help you settle for the best home security with cameras.
Common Features to Look for in a Home Security Camera
Smart Home cameras with motion detection can notify you of suspicious activity on your property so you can check the camera footage and monitor the situation. It is an excellent way of saving space as you can pause recording for the camera to only record when there is movement on the frame.
Since most cameras only capture images and videos, having a security camera that can detect audios either one way or two ways are a plus. Two-way audio is ideal for detecting voices from the background and also allowing you to communicate through the camera.
Field of View
The Viewing angle determines where to position the camera. A small field of view captures less but great details as it appears closer to the subject. On the other side, a broader camera coverage area captures more but makes the camera appear further.
Most residential robberies happen at night or during the day when no one is at home. It would help if your camera can record images in low to no light conditions. The security camera should be able to switch automatically to night vision in low lighting environments.
If you are looking for an outdoor security camera, it is essential to pick a piece that can withstand the usual natural and weather conditions. If the camera is weather-resistant, it should be able to stay efficient throughout various seasons.
Remote Video Monitoring
Most recent cameras have a feature that helps users to access and monitor video feeds remotely, from any place by using an exclusive app. IP cameras that incorporate smart home hubs are a bonus for your home security.
Besides, other features include recording capacity, size, storage, adjustability, color and resolution, and video quality.
Questions to Consider Before Buying a Smart Home Camera System
Before settling for the best home security with cameras, you should understand that cameras have different features, and they work differently. However, the following main questions will help you determine which one best fits your needs.
- Where are you going to use a security camera?
- Can your internet connection support the camera?
- What types of cameras are available in the market?
- Do you want to monitor what happens within and around your home at all times?
- Do you want to keep your loved ones and your property safe?
- Do you want to ensure that no intruders can invade your home?
- Do you want to identify who is at your door ringing the bell without opening the door to a stranger?
- Do you want to protect your home while you are away?
Well, if the answers to the above questions are yes, then getting Vivint home security cameras is a great option for you. The smart home cameras should give you the confidence that you and your home are safe at all times.
Home Security Cameras and Features That Every SmartHome Should Have
Vivint is the leading provider for the best home security system with cameras. The company incorporates smart technology to its security systems that give you great peace of mind, knowing that your home is safe.
Below are the available smart home security cameras essential for every smart home.
- Outdoor Camera Pro
Details and Specifications:
• Advanced optics: 1080p Video Streaming, 4k image sensor, Megapixel image sensor, high dynamic range, 140° field of view, 3x optical and 10x digital zoom
• Night vision: 4 high-powered LEDs, 55ft night visibility
• Light Ring: 12 RGBW LEDs, chaser LED
• Powerful processor: Vivint-owned software, edge analytics, Quad-Core, 1 GHz processor
• 2 Microphones: Far-field, beam-forming, echo cancellation
• Weather resistance: IP 65 weatherproof rating
• Ball joint flexibility: 360°
• Speaker volume: 85 dB speaker volumeFeatures
The Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro is the only surveillance camera with Smart Sentry™, an all-powered feature that intelligently recognizes and autonomously prevents true threats. It uses light and sound to warn lurkers that they have been seen. It plays a double role in recording and preventing crime.With advanced detection, the smart home app only sends notifications and recordings when it detects people and not pets or other moving objects. Intelligent awareness helps the camera to capture videos with high precision.The Outdoor Camera Pro receives power through the Ethernet cord, and therefore, there is no need for separate power cables.Through two-way audio, you can let intruders know that you are taking action with the authorities. Additionally, the indoor sirens can sound through the outdoor camera’s speaker.
Vivint Smart home app helps you to see what is happening around your home. If you are busy or you missed out on something, you can rely on archived Vivint smart clips through your app to view the footage whether you are at home or away.Whenever the camera detects people’s movements, it does not stop recording until the movements are over, helping you to catch all the action. You can also create customized alerts to notify you about activities around your home. Thus, you can always watch the clips at your convenience.Vivint Outdoor security cameras feature infrared LED night vision that delivers crisp images, giving you peace of mind when you are sleeping. With the help of trigger zones, you get alerts when people get in places you would not want them to be.Did you know the outdoor camera pro protects your car too? Well, it incorporates with Vivint’s car guard to protect your cars in your parking bay. This security camera prevents car theft by deterring a lurker with light and sound.
- Vivint Ping Camera
Details and Specifications:
• Product requirements: panel firmware version 3.3.1+, mobile app 2.6 or later, AC/DC power supply,
• 1.5 Mbps upload and download internet speed
• Signal strength at the panel: Required 70% to avoid connectivity issue
• Weight: 1.05 lbs
• Dimensions: 5.2″ h x 3.2″ d
• Power usage: 12V 1.5A
• AC adapter: Input: 100-240V @ 50-60Hz AC, 0.2A, output: 12VDC, 1.5A, length of power cord is approximately 10 feet
• Field of View: 155° horizontal, 80° vertical
• Camera lens: 1/3: 4-megapixel sensor
• Video resolution: Full HD 1080p
• Battery backup: none
• Audio: Built-in speaker and microphone
• Connectivity requirements: Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz, WPS
• Weatherproof: No
The Vivint ping is the first camera tested that enables you to initiate a video call to a phone or tablet. Two-way talk with one-touch callout helps you to speak with family at home while you are on the go.Vivint smart home app integration helps you to set custom notifications to stay updated anytime the camera detects movements in your home.Clear live and recorded HD images. Whether streaming live or watching archived clips, the ping delivers robust 1080p video quality. The daytime color is rich with exceptional image details. Black and white infrared night vision provides high detailed videos and images, with excellent contrast and balanced lighting.
You can easily initiate two-way conversations from your mobile device with your family when you are far from home. You can check out on your kids to find out if they are behaving well, if they have done homework or whether they have gone to bed on time.
This camera makes it easy for you to reach out to your loved ones and vice versa.Vivint Ping helps you to see everything from everywhere, from monitoring kids to pets and everything else in the house. Advanced image technology gives you a clear view of your house, allowing you to see what you want to see.These smart home cameras enable you to see what is happening at home at your convenience. You can set your camera to focus on a certain area for motion detection. You can also adjust the camera’s sensitivity to movements according to your preferences.Ping protects your home. The infrared night vision watches over your home throughout the night so you can sleep peacefully. Ping is a vital part of your smart home as it can alert the Vivint smart home monitoring center in case of a threat.
- Vivint Doorbell Camera
Details and specifications:
Product requirements: Panel firmware version 3.1+, V-DBC2 two-way audio requires SkyControl panel firmware version 3.3+ and Vivint Smart Home mobile app version 1.8+, 12-24v AC/DC power supply, at least 1 Mbps upload and download internet speed
• Signal strength at the panel: Required 72%; anything below 72% may result in connectivity issues
• Operation temperature: -20° to 130°F (-29° to 54°C)
• Connectivity mode: WPS or Wi-Fi
• Dimensions: 1.06″ x 1.50″ x 4.45″
• Power input: 12-24 VAC or 12-24 VDC
• Field of view: 180°
• Weatherproof: Yes
• Frames per Second: Scales with internet speeds to prevent dropped connections
• Camera resolution: High Definition (HD)
• Battery backup: None
Smart Sentry™ triggers the camera’s LED ring and 65 dB speaker to let potential porch pirates know they’ve been spotted.Advanced camera analytics enhance package delivery notifications to alert you of packages and people on your doorstep.Broader and extended field of view allows you to see the faces of tall people and packages on your doorstep.Great and recorded live streaming provides detailed video streaming and recording even when you zoom in. Vivint smart clips recordings keep on capturing motions until the action stops.Two-way talk and one-way video allow you to see and talk to visitors at your door regardless of whether you are at home or away.Infrared night vision LEDs to ensure clear night coverage
With a user-defined surveillance option, you specify the areas you want to protect.
Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro notifies you of package deliveries and lets your doorbell scare away the porch pirates. This camera actively prevents your package from theft.The wireless door camera, with the help of high resolution and infrared night vision, helps you have a better view of your tall visitors and everything else at your door at any hour.Smart detection makes it easy to recognize visitors on your porch. You can talk to your visitors even when you are away. The Vivint smart home app helps you to open the door and turn on lights from wherever you are. If you have been held up somewhere, you don’t have to keep your visitors waiting at the doorstep.
- Outdoor Camera (HDP450)
Details and Specifications:
• Night vision: 39.4 feet (max distance)
• Camera lens: 1/2.9″, 2.19-megapixel sensor
• Max resolution: Full 1080p HD
• Video codec: H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG
• Field of view: 112° Diagonal
• Frames for second: UUP to 30fps
• Connection/reset button: CAT5 Direct Link to Wi-Fi Bridge located on the back above the status LED
• Operation temperature: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
• Power input: POE (Power Over Ethernet)
• Battery backup: None
• Dimensions: 2.48 x 4.39 inches
• Weight: 7.0 oz (including cables and bracket)
• Warranty: 1 year or the length of your Vivint Service Agreement
Night vision to keep an eye on dark or hard to see placesGreat HD video coverage that provides a live outdoor video feedWider field of view to cover a broader area around your homeAutomatically record 20 seconds of video clips that you can view at your convenience.
Outdoor Camera (HDP450) has almost similar benefits to the outdoor camera pro.
The night vision feature helps to keep an eye on difficult to see places on your panel, ensuring your outdoor properties are secure from dusk to dawn.Great video coverage and motion-prompted smart app notifications help you to know the best time to take action while you are far from home. With archived video clips, you can monitor all the outdoor activities at your convenience.
- Fixed Camera (V520IR)
Details and specifications:
• Live quality: High, medium, and low compression options
• Recording quality: High and medium compression options
• Recording compression: H.264, MPEG-4
• Image sensor: 0.25 in (0.64 cm) CMOS, 1280×800
• Field of view: 77° (horizontal) 54° (vertical)
• Low-light sensitivity: 0 lux with IR on
• Image Adjustments: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Exposure
• Video Motion Detection : 3 windows, adjustable sensitivity and threshold
• Digital Input Trigger: Yes
• Ethernet Connection: 10/100 Mbps RJ-45
• Wireless Encryption: WEP, WPA or WPA2
• Simultaneous Viewers: Up to 10 total on the online account
• Privacy Button: Yes
• Maximum Power Consumption: 12V DC, 5.9W
• Dimensions: 3.1 x 1.8 x 3.1 in
• Weight: 4.9 oz
Infrared night vision that can penetrate darkness over 20ftWi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity for faster connectivityWPS button enhance securityHD 720p Live and Recorded clips
Top-notch videos via fast frame rates and excellent low light performance. The privacy button helps to restrict remote viewing and recording. You can only watch recorded clips from compatible devices hence improved security. You can watch live videos from many cameras simultaneously through the web.
- Vivint Smart Drive
Details and specifications:
• Dimensions: 5.9″ h x 8.0″ w x 3.3″ d
• Weight: 1.5 lbs
• Power Usage: 12V DC, 2A
• Storage Capacity: 1 TB
• Playback Compatibility: iOS and Android
• Vivint Smart Home App Requirements: App Version 2.1 or higher
• Required Panel Firmware: Version 3.0 or higher
• Connectivity: ISP, Ethernet connection
• Minimum Upload Speed: 1.5 Mbps
• Battery: None
• Limit: 1 per account
Around the clock recording on all cameras. You can enjoy continuous 30 days of local storage on the Vivint smart drive.Low-cost subscription for continuous video recording than other cloud-based video storage solutions.Event markers simplify video search. Multi-camera recording inclusive of outdoor, indoor and doorbell cameras helps to get a complete image.Vivint smart home integration to help view video recordings on your smart devices.
The smart drive helps you to save many videos while saving on cost. It allows you to retrieve all the activities that took place in your home within the last 3o days. This tool helps you to edit and share your family’s best moments.
- Vivint Playback
Vivint playback is essential for best home security with cameras. Vivint smart drive and Vivint playback integrate into one smart home system that allows you to view footages from the Vivint smart home app.Just like smart drive, playback simplifies video search through creating an event marker each time a movement is detected, or any other activity happens. You can easily find good moments and memories without having to watch the whole video.
- Pan and Tilt Camera (V620PT)
Details and specifications:
- Live quality: High, medium, and low compression options
- Recording quality: High and medium compression options
- Recording compression: H.264, MPEG-4
- Image sensor: 0.25 in (0.64 cm) CMOS, 1280×800
- Field of view: 77° (horizontal) 54° (vertical)
- Low-light sensitivity: 0.3 lux at 1/5 sec
- Image Adjustments: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Exposure
- Video Motion Detection : 3 windows, adjustable sensitivity and threshold
- Digital Input Trigger: No
- Ethernet Connection: 10/100 Mbps RJ-45
- Wireless Encryption: WEP, WPA or WPA2
- Simultaneous Viewers: Up to 10 total on the online account
- Privacy Button: Yes
- Maximum Power Consumption: 12V DC, 5.1W
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.3 x 4.4 in (10.2 x 10.9 x 11.2 cm
- Weight: 10 oz. (284 g)
Features and Benefits
Most of the Pan and Tilt camera features are almost similar to those of Smart drive and Fixed Camera. In addition, the images can be overturned for upside-down mounting. The camera sends email alerts with video clip attachments, helping you to keep track of what is happening in your home.
Professional installation for best home security system with cameras
Vivint qualified and licensed smart home pros ensure that your security cameras blend with your home exterior while meeting your needs. Trust Vivint professional installers for best home security system with cameras.